Saturday, January 03, 2004

Todays thought...Another funny

This is a story about when I was working at a factory. My boss was eating lunch and we often sat at the same table talking about his family and just general conversation with about 4 other people. We were all at the table one evening telling jokes and riddles.

He turned to me and said..."OK, I have a riddle for you. Your on a plane. The plane is completely loaded with people and luggage and cannot take one more atom of weight or it will crash to the ground. If you opened a window and a fly came into the cabin of the plane, would the weight be added to the plane when then fly flew into the window, or when it landed on a seat?"

I thought and thought about it for a little while and looked at him. Finally my answer came. I said to him "It wouldn't matter. The plane would crash either way."

He goes "Why?" I told him simply... "Think about it...If you are in a plane, up in the air, and you opened a window...the cabin would depressurize and the plane would come apart and everyone would die anyway"

Simple logic to me. He looked at me and said "That's it, I am never asking you another question again." He was so upset. I never did figure out the answer to the question.

No comments: