Thursday, November 17, 2005

Todays thought...An update on me and mine.

So Saturn called me last week to tell me that she was going to be here for a couple of days. At first glance, I was elated to hear this news. Then it hit me. She in the previous week was not going to be able to make it down as planned for Puck's birthday. This was not a pleasure trip. As I'm sure you've figured already, a family member has passed.

So here's me, in all of our brilliance, my mama and I decide we're going to send flowers to the funeral home to suprize her. Not sure of the deceased's name, I put her grandmothers last name on the flowers. My mama orders them, and the morning of the funeral, they call me and say that they don't have anyone there at the funeral home with Saturn's grandmothers last name. At this time it's too late to call Saturn because she's at the funeral home. So all I have to go by is the time of the funeral and the name of the funeral home.

Needless to say, the flourist tried to deliver, the funeral home wouldn't accept them and they don't get delivered. So after the funeral, Saturn calls me and says that her grandmother was going to go pick them up at the flourist on Monday. I realize it was the thought that counted but I really wanted Saturn to have this basket of flowers to take home with her.

So then Monday, I get this call from the flower people and they procede to tell me that they have contacted Saturns grandma and she wasn't going to make it to the flourist to pick up this basket and they were going to deliver it to her. No problem. Right? Nope, I get a call 10 minutes later telling me that they don't have a flourist that delivers that specific type of basket to her grandma's address but they did have a flourist that would deliver a different type of boquet to the home and they would not charge me anything extra for this. I told them to go ahead and do it. It was very nice that they offered this to me and went out of their way to do what they could. I do appreciate that. But to be honest, if it happens again, I'm just going to send a care package, after the fact.

Saturn, I am sorry for your loss. You know I'm here if you need me. Let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you in your time of loss. I offer my condolences to you and yours and hope you know you can call on me for anything. Love ya girlie. You know I'm here.

No comments: