Saturday, December 24, 2005

Todays thought...Merry Christmas.

Tis the season. Snow on the ground, presents under the tree, lights on the house, politically correct arguments? It has come to my attention lately that people are now arguing over whether or not to call it a Christmas Tree or a Holiday Tree. Now, I'm about to rant so if you don't want to read, close the window.

Last couple years it's been politically incorrect for me to say Merry Christmas to someone because it could be offensive. Oh, but wait, we can say Feliz Navidad. WHAT!? What is that? Is it just me or is that an oxymoron? Feliz Navidad is Merry Christmas in spanish. So we can say it in spanish, but not in english? HELLO! We are in America. Not Mexico.

Who cares if you come from America or not. If you celebrate Haunaka, Kwanzaa, Ramadan or Christmas, guess what...WE ARE ALL CELEBRATING FOR THE SAME REASON! There are some people that don't celebrate the season. For those of you who don't celebrate the holiday, I'm still going to tell you Merry Christmas.

Come on people. Grow up! If I come up to you and say Merry Christmas, and you celebrate Kwanzaa, say Happy Kwanzaa. Do you think I'm going to get offended? What would be the point? You believe how you believe, and I believe how I believe. Does this mean that we can't be cordial on the streets when we run into eachother? Does that mean that we can't be friends? Or does that simply mean that you and I celebrate Jesus birthday in different ways? You know, I heard something from MR2 that made a lot of sense. Children get offended at everything. Adults don't.

Well thats my rant. On a lighter note, Merry Christmas to everyone. Going to celebrate with the in-laws. I've been very blessed to get along really good with my in-laws. Hope everyone's Christmas is grand, and don't forget...the reason for the season.

Happy Birthday Jesus

No comments: