Saturday, May 13, 2006

Todays thought...My thought on immigration laws

Now, I am probably about to make a whole world of people mad, but before you get ticked about the statement I am about to make, let me finish my point. This is my opinion only and not intended to offend anyone by saying this.

Ok, right now there is a huge controversy going on about the illegal immigrants in this country making a life for themselves. Now in saying that, I have no problem with someone coming to this country to make a better life for themselves. As you've seen in a previous blog of mine that included an e-mail, every one of us (aside from the Native Americans) are direct descendents of immigrants. But my thing on that is, our ancestors did it legally.

However, in saying that, we have no one to blame but ourselves. Think about it. Who is hiring these illegal immigrants? American citizens. Legal immirgrants that don't want to have to pay taxes on their labor and know that they can pay Juan a lot cheaper wages that John. If people all around this world did not know that all they had to do was come over here illegaly and get hired on by someone looking for a worker like them, we wouldn't have this major issue that we have today.

Point in case, where I used to live there was a man from another country that came over to this country to make a better life for him and his family. This has been some 20+ years ago. He got legal citizenship over here, learned to speak fluent English, opened up his own place of business, sent for his wife and children and to this day, still runs this very successfull business and his family are now legal citizens as well with the children out of school and successful in their jobs.

I don't care what your race, color, home language, belief, hair color, clothes or anything else. If you're over here to legitimately make a better life for you and your kin, the by all means, you should not have any problems doing it legally. Now I understand, yes, it takes time and money to do this, but if you are genuinely over here to make a life for yourself permenantly, then you won't mind taking the time like that man did, learn the language, get yourself legal and then you have nothing to worry about.

I'm going to end this now by saying, I love my country, I love my heritage and I love this God fearing, English speaking scociety that we live in.

No comments: