Friday, January 18, 2013

Today's thought...catching up.

I'm par for the course when it comes to updating my New Year's blog and Happy 2013 entry. LoL! Oh well. Such is life. I have a child now in her Troublesome Three's and it seems like there's barely enough time between taking care of her, my animals, my housework and working on my latest book. LoL! But you know, as hectic as it is, I wouldn't change it for anything!

My 2012 was pretty decent. Squeak made a lot of developmental changes and it was amazing to finally hear her start to talking. Now all she does is talk. LoL! But it's okay. It's something I wished for, so I'm not complaining! I was good and stayed out of the hospital Christmas Day AND New Years Day. But admittedly I was just there last Tuesday because of food poisoning. It's my own fault, for eating a steak that was cooked medium rare, and truth be told, I'm gonna eat it again like that, but let me tell you, I paid the consequences this time. LoL! It's alright though, I promise you, I'm not a masochist. Just love my steaks tender. LMAO!

My daughter is LOVING cartoons and admittedly, she's been learning a lot from Dora the Explorer, which I have to say, is pretty freaky stuff. Not Telli Tubby freaky, but pretty close! I mean, where are her parents while she's gallivanting all over the world, and why does the monkey where galoshes with nothing else and talk? And a talking backpack that eats whatever is in it? Not to mention the map. Let's not get me started. And her uncle has a theory about Curious George being the ramblings of an old man gone mad, that someone wrote down and turned into a book. I giggle at that one because I love Curious George, always have. But Dora? Eh, I dunno.

She's doing speech therapy and it's supposed to be twice a week, but let me just tell you, having only one car and the schedule my husband works, as well as holidays that the school is closed, we haven't actually made it twice in one week since before Thanksgiving. And I've been SICK since Thanksgiving too, in one form or another. We passed around a bad cold through the entire house three times from Thanksgiving to the New Year, was on antibiotics for every, including the baby, and finally it seems like all is right with the household. Keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood. LoL!

Anyway, it was a decent 2012 and I'm glad it didn't end on December 21st. :) Yeah my cousin was a die hard End of the Worlder (Having a lot of fun with it) and it tickled me stupid when we woke up on the 22nd, because man I ribbed him SO HARD about that one! LoL! Anyway, good-bye oughts and welcome teens! Hope everyone has a good 2013! Peace out!

No comments: