Sunday, July 27, 2003

Ok, so I find out yesterday that one of my best friends (Floor) and her husband (Sniper) and baby (Sniper Jr.) are moving. I went and spent the night and had one last sleepover with them last night. I had known they were moving, just did not think it was going to be so soon. I got to see the baby one last time for a while and got to spend some time with Floor. We played games on the computer, a card game called Phase 10 and Scabble. I am really going to miss her.

She and Sniper took me to dinner last night. They didn't have to but they did. Kinda like a farewell thing. I promised her I was going to cry this morning when I left. I was right there too, but she was feeding the baby and I knew she did not need me crying and getting her crying (which I know her well enough to know that if she had seen me crying, she would have started too) as she was trying to feed Sniper Jr. I know Sniper would have taken over daddy duties if she had, but he is going to have enough crying to deal with when they actually leave tomorrow after loading up the moving truck.

True, it's not like I am never going to see them again, and ofcorse we will call and talk, but its not going to be like it used to. I would have a day off and she would call and say "Hey, comin over with the baby, be there in 5" Now she will be hours away and it won't be so easy to get together and play cards. I guess my main thought this time goes to Floor - So...Floor, don't ever doubt for a minute how much I love you as a friend and how much our friendship means to me. Don't ever second guess how much you will be missed by me or my pooh bear.

And always know, that no matter how far away you are, if you need anything, I am only a phone call away.

No comments: