Sunday, February 15, 2004

Todays thoght....Let it snow

I absolutely hate the cold, but snow on the other hand is a whole other story. I remember being younger and could not wait until snow so I could sled and skate and everything and build showmen. As I got older I could not wait for the snow because living where I am now, it was so uncommon that if it snowed, schools were automatically closed. And now that I am working for a living snow has 2 meanings to me.

I dont have any children yet but my nephew Sniper Jr is about to get to that age that he is going to be able to enjoy it. This is the main meaning of it for me. I can't wait for the first snow to see his reaction on his little face. With my neice Lil Floor coming soon, it will be the same with her. Seeing a child see snow for the first time, or even just thinking about the reaction takes me back to when I was a kid. I was resilient. I'd be blue because I would be so cold, but would still just insist on getting out in it. My mama would bring me in for some hot coco but I just could not stand it when I was inside and there was 2 ft of snow to play in.

The other reason to be completely honest, around in my neck of the woods we normally get ice and not snow, so if it snows around here, work is usually closed. Gives me a free day. Kinda fun. Underlying that, it gives me the opprotunity to go out and have fun like I did when I was younger.

Well that is about all she wrote for right now, so I say to you all, if it is snowing where you are right now, go out and enjoy it. If its not, then think of when you were a kid, and how much snow made you feel good, and think...Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!!

No comments: