Thursday, November 11, 2004

Todays thought...An Ode to my mama.

My mama has been pretty much shit on lately. Life has definitely thrown her a few curveballs. And I can proudly say that while she has hit a couple of foul balls, she hit one over the fence and out of the ball park. She has kept a strong will about here and has been able to carry on. I know she doesn't think that it's anything major...but I'm so proud of her. She has toughed through the work, the family and all the other issues hampering her and yet she still is able to say "You know what...you live, you learn, you spend a lot of money on expensive diapers and then you get Luvs."

No...seriously though...no matter what has come her way she has gotten through it...gotten stronger from it and is thriving very well. On the lighter side of all of this there is an opportunity that has been made present that my mama MAY qualify to have Cochlear Implants. For those of you who don't know what that is..it means my mama may be able to hear for the first time in her life without the use of hearingaids. She goes in soon to find out and I hope and pray beyond all reason that she will be able to take the opportunity by the hand and run with it. It is believed that she has a profound enough hearing loss that she will be able to qualify for it. I will definitely keep you posted.

To you mama...I love you ...and I am SO PROUD OF YOU! You have been a standing tree in a forest of seedlings. You haven't let any of this bring you down at all and you have stood there knowing that no matter what happens...you will be alright. And no matter what...I am here for you. Just give me a call if you need to cry or vent. I Love You....Chickadee

No comments: