Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Todays thought...what an anniversary.

Sadly to say I was not arround for this spectacular day in history but for those of you who don't know, it is the 36th anniversary of the infamous moon landing. Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong made quite a staple in history today 36 years ago.

I remember my mama telling me that she watched it in awe. She told me that a member of her familly was crying at the time. When she asked them what was wrong...they told her that they'd never thought they'd see the day when man walked on the blue cheese. She had also told me a story previously about a neighbor to Buzz Aldrin. When he was a kid their next door neighbors were having an argument about a..."favor" from the wife. She told him that she would only do that if "Little Buzz Aldrin" walked on the moon. Guess he got lucky that night! Now don't mark my credits on that one, I can't remember who my mama said she heard that from...but, ya know. Makes for a good story huh? I will have to locate the source of the story at a later time.

Not much else is going on here. Saturn is down from home. I am so excited. The other night we went out and ... well ... we were too close to a hangover the next day. But we had a blast. I'm so glad she's here. Then of course Puck is just a ham. He is so cute! Almost 8 months old. Looks just like his mommy. And Saturn is such a proud mommy. She has overcome a lot of obstacles in the situation and I am so proud of her. She's gunna make it just fine. I have all the faith in the world of it.

I guess thats about it. To my mama and daddy...Happy Anniversary. Over 2 decades together and still going strong. Hope everyone has a good one...I'm outy!

No comments: