Thursday, December 31, 2009

The year in review. Good-bye 2009 and hello 2010.

Lets start with the beginning of the year. Trying to conceive. The Pooh Bear and I had been trying to get pregnant for a while. We'd had a couple of blow out fights and he told me to take another pregnancy test. I did and found out in early March that I was pregnant with my amazing bundle of joy. They ran tests and found the blood tests showed yes, I was definitely pregnant, but they couldn't find the baby in the ultrasound. So they thought it was ectopic and sent me in for a Laperoscopy because the baby was in the tubes and could be fatal depending on how far along the pregnancy was. To the best of their knowledge based on my last period and the level of hormones in my blood it was getting close to critical time. I go in for surgery and wake up to my husband telling me that I am still pregnant.

From there on out until mid August when I started having real problems with my blood pressure and if I continued as was it would cause me early labor. This continued into September and by September 19th I was in the hospital because of my blood pressure and I was borderline gestational diabetic and I was preaclamptic. I was in the hospital on a Saturday then by the next Friday, September 25th, by 3pm my daughter was born. It was emergency surgery and she was not supposed to have been born until November 30th. She was 10 weeks early. It was such a hard time going back and forth to the NICU but she finally came home on 11/12. It was amazing to have her home, at 4lb 7oz. It's been a hellova last few months! But my little girl is here! She's alive! And more than that, she's home! She's crashed out now, with a bottle in her mouth bless her heart.

It didn't stop there though. On October 30th I went in for emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder. I went in at 7:30 that morning and woke up once more to my husband telling me that while the surgery had gone well and they'd removed my gall bladder, a few stones had gone down the tract into my liver and they had to go back in later on that day and remove the stones from my liver. It's been a crazy year. But good in the end. So I guess though it's been as trying as it has been, good-bye '09, hello '10! Nice to see ya and hope you're as good as '09 ended!!!

No comments: