Thursday, June 17, 2010

So, my cousin works for this company which will for obvious purposes remain nameless, where he does a job that he used to love. And in fact, I think he probably still does love the work, just not the politics that goes with the job. First off he's been thrown into working 3rd shift. Which in itself wouldn't be bad, except when the boss gets in after him working all night, he throws more and more crap on top of him to do. In this week alone I'd be shocked if he's had more than 6 hours sleep a day. And he just keeps trucking along. Workin his ass off. Now here's the big thing with it. He's salary. Which means he doesn't get paid over time. So hell, if I was his boss, why not use that advantage and use my employee? Oh wait, that's right, BECAUSE I'm A DECENT HUMAN BEING WHO KNOWS USING YOUR EMPLOYEES IN THAT WAY IS WRONG! Come on people! Where does it end? This happens EVERY DAY to people all over the country! Especially for small business owners and their employees. At least when the company my husband works for pushes him for all he's worth and then asks him for more, they pay him for it! And why is that? Oh yeah, because someone who works there isn't scared to call the labor board on their asses! Not that they'd need to, he works for a pretty big corp and in the almost 10 years he's worked for them, they have treated him really good. I dunno. It just pisses me off that bosses like my cousin's get away with this every day!

No comments: