Friday, November 23, 2012

Today's thought...Thanksgiving and ... a series?

To those of you who know me, and to those that don't, I'm a writer. I have two published works in paperback, one in Kindle and another on the way. My two books in paperback go together but they're not a series. Well I'm working on one right now that I can just...if you've ever written you can understand...I can FEEL the series coming! And I'm really excited about it! I know where I want this character to go, and she keeps pulling me that way. She's young, and in college, and I can't WAIT to explore how she's going to develop in this line of books to come. And I'm not even done with the first one! LoL! My brain is going to have to start and not stop for a little while here. :)

On another note, my family is down/up for Thanksgiving. My parents arrived on Tuesday, my aunt on Wednesday and with the ole man's family, we had fifteen people here yesterday! It was awesome! I love big Thanksgivings. Growing up where I did and with my family, it was a huge event. With all of the family and all of my cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents, we easily had fifteen people every year, around this HUGE table in someones living room for the adults, and a small table next to that, for the kids.

In a way, it's strange, being the one to host the dinner and have all of the people around my table/in my living room. But it was so awesome having some of my family here. Who knows, maybe next year, we'll have ALL of my family down for the holiday. And considering there are marriages and kids with a couple of cousins, I can't imagine how we'd fit. But I know we would. And it would be awesome! I hope one day I can do that at my little half way point in the world.

I miss my family fierce a lot of the times and my husbands family is great, don't get me wrong, but they're not my family. I didn't grow up with them, spend every Sunday with them, go to church with them...eat donuts with them. All of those things that I grew up with, that I miss some days worse than I can imagine. I try to do some of that now with my in-laws and they're really great about it. I want my daughter to have those memories. To have those moments where she can look back and remember going to Great Grandma and Grandpa's after church on Sunday and getting a Coca-Cola in a glass bottle with some Cheese Puffs. Being dragged to massive Christmas parties, and getting together with her cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents on those special occasions such as birthdays and summer picnics. Being picked up mid summer to go spend the day at the beach.

Those are the moments I miss. I think I'm going to just win the lottery and move everyone here with me. Yep. That's what I'll do. The whole lot of them. We'll all move to the southern half of the United States and we can have those old times like we used to. :)

Anyway, this was just a random thoughts post that turned into a walk down memory lane. LMAO! Ah, these are the times! Anyway peoples, holla! Peace out!

No comments: