Thursday, August 14, 2003

Todays thought...how God has blessed my life. This is just my story and not intended to put pressure on anyone in any way. If my testimonial tonight should bring someone to the path of God...then great...but it is not meant to press my issues and beliefs on anybody.

Where do I begin? God has always been there for me. Not to say that I am perfect. This is just a line to say how wonderful it is to have him in my life.

He has blessed me with 2 wonderful parents, a wonderful family, good friends, wonderful pets, wonderful in-laws and my husband. Through my life, no matter what my struggle, he has always been there. People irritate me at times with the "Holier than thou" attitude, but no one can define my relationship with God and Jesus but me...God...and Jesus.

I have had people tell me in the past that I cannot concider myself a Christian child because I do not attend church every Sunday morning and Wednesday night. Yet they do not understand at the same time that church is by definition, 2 or more people in fellowship, discussing God. Who said it had to be in a building? Who said it had to be on Sunday or Wednesday? It surely wasn't God!

My testimonial is simple. I would not be where I am today, or the person I am today if God was not there with me. And no matter how tough things get - and believe me...it gets tough - I know I have God by my side no matter what. I know that though I may sin...just like every other person on this earth...he is always there for me...and is ALWAYS going to love me.

I am not going to lie to you. My life has not been easy. There have been times when - though I had faith and believed - it got bad enough that I have questioned his plan. I have even yelled at him a time or two. But he has always listened to me. He has always been my shoulder to cry on and has always been the one to pull me through things.

No matter what the pressure...he has always sent an angel my way to help me through. Be it my husband...my mama...or just a friend that I haven't talked to in a long time.

To everyone out there tonight...God works in mysterious ways. Have faith in him and you can go far. Open your eyes to him and he will work miracles through other people to help you in any way. And to God - Thanks for being there. I know you will always be there and with your love and guidence, I can accomplish anything.

No comments: