Thursday, October 16, 2003

Ok...Todays thought...the winds of change.

We all know it's coming. Just sometimes it is a little sooner than planned. My Pooh Bear works for a company. He is in the restaurant business. He has been there for 5 years...worked his butt off...and has had a total of $0.30 raise in the last 5 years. He has been looking for a new job for a little while now. But yesterday I was very proud to hear that he turned in his shirt and quit.

It was a very hard decision for him as we are coming into the Christmas season and now down to one income. The final straw though was when the place was heald up and robbed the other night.

3 men came in with black masks on and ordered everybody on the ground. They stole their cell phones and got about $350 out of the cash register. They beat the ever living snot out of one of the customers...because he was a security guard and did not decide to go home that night and change before coming in and doing his school work. He wasn't a security guard for this establishment...but got beat up simply because he had his work uniform on.

One of the guys put a gun to the cooks head as the other 2 tried to break into the office for more money. He then put the gun to another customers head and yelled at him.

They finaly left. The police were called and the security guard was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He is out now and doing ok. Everyone else is fine aside from the emotional and mental scars.

Hearing about that I told my Pooh Bear to call his boss that night and quit. He deliberated on it and asked me the next day if I would support his decision to quit. I of course gave him that blank stare and said "Well DUH!! I told you to quit YESTERDAY!!" I told him to blame it on me. Thus he made the call and said Adios to the establishment. He is now job hunting...but as I told him...I would rather be poor, living in a cardboard box with him by my side all the time then having to worry about weather or not he was coming home to me the next morning because some jerk needs a quick fix. Thankfully in all of this mess, my Pooh Bear was at home with me.

Ahhh...the winds of change. They may be for the better, they may be for the worse...you never can tell...and they usually never come when you want them to...but yet, they still come like it or not. It's just what you decide to do with them when they get to you.

No comments: