Friday, October 31, 2003

Todays thought...How things can look up when all is drab

My weekend last weekend was terrible. And the week to come wasn't much better. I spent Friday and Saturday up in the hospital with my friend...My granfather came up missing in California on Sunday...and my car broke down on Monday.

Monday evening I find out that my grandpa is in a hospital 75 miles from his home from driving the wrong way down the interstate and having an accident. Tuesday I tried to get a new car and ended up wasting my time. My ex had ruined my credit so bad when we got divorced, my Pooh bear had the same deal with his divorce and it was just a complete waste of time.

Wednesday I get an update on my grandpa. He is going to have to be put in assisted living due to a head injury. He is doing ok, he just can't use his right side at all. My mama...bless her heart...was having a hard time and it takes a toll trying to be strong for her when it was hurting me inside too.

Then I see the rainbow...My light at the end of the tunnel.

Thursday comes around and mama tells me that though grandpa may be in assisted living...he is just a stubborn and feisty as ever and is going to pull through just fine. Major breath of relief there. I also find out that my Floor is pregnant again. Sniper is just like a kid in a candy store about this and is just as tickled as he was when he found out that Sniper Jr was coming into this world.

Then...Just as I think it can't get any better I talked to my Floor last night to find that she is coming home. I was so excited I screamed and laughed and probably woke up the entire neighborhood. She said that she had to pull the phone from her ear just to have an eardrum left. I could not be more happy for her and myself knowing that she is coming home. It has been a long time coming. (In actuality it has only been about 4 months...but sometimes it seems like a lifetime).

Lastly...it is Friday...I got paid today and my husband can fix our car and get it running again. It may only be a simple part or it could be a major component...either way...it's getting fixed.

The point of my story...No matter how bad things get...and how grim and terrible life seems...it will get better. Just look for that rainbow. It will all be ok in the end.

No comments: