Sunday, October 19, 2003

Todays thought...customer service.

You have good and you have bad. So lets start with the bad so I can end the blog on a good note.

My mam banks with a very well established bank with branches all across America. She got a credit/check card and was at her limit. She was in another state visiting family when the payment came due so she made the payment in that state.

Long story short, the bank, never credited the acct and so the bank borrowed against the credit part on her card putting her over her limit...causing finance charges and late charges which also was borrowed..BY THE BANK..against her credit causing more charges as I am sure you can imagine. Turns out the bank in the other state "finds" her check and apologizes that they have had it the whole time and never cashed it or credited her acct.

Now in all of this...after the bank realizes that it is their fault...what do they do? Tell her that she is SOL and the charges are still owed. Now tell me...what kind of customer service is that when you know you are wrong and still refuse to do anything about it. I told my mama she needs to transfer everything somewhere else and tell that bank to shove it.

On the lighter note...good customer service.

I cross stitch. Call it one of my many hobbies. If you cross stitch you know one of the main companies to use for patters in a company called Dimensions.

My mama had bought me a pattern and I had begun working on it. Well over time and after moving the 2nd half of the instructions got lost. So I did the only thing I knew how and e-mailed them to see how much it was going to cost for just the bottom half of the instructions without having to buy the entire pattern all over again.

The next day I received a message back saying it was in the mail on its way to me. First off, this was great customer service simply due to the quick response. Second, great customer service since they were not going to even charge me for it which they very well could have.

About a 3-5 days later, it came in the mail. Third in great customer service...it was the entire pattern. Fourth...there was a letter in there. To quote this company "Enclosed are the materials you requested. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience. If we can be of any further help to you ...please do not hesitate to contact us...We hope you enjoy the finished design"

Ok, 1...they didn't have to send it to me for free...and 2...they apologized to me for me losing the pattern. I think that shows very good customer service and let me be the first to say that if you do cross stitch, or choose to start...my suggestion...use Dimensions. The patters are realistic, and the customer service is beyond comparison.

No comments: