Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The trip from hell...LoL!

Okay so this last weekend I had to go back home to see my grandma. She was having a hard time and my mom has been with her and taking care of her for over a month now. So I left my daughter in the capable hands of her daddy and I rode with my cousin 800 miles to see her.

The trip up wasn't bad. Spending time with the fam was good too. My grandma was able to get up a couple of times which was definitely a good thing. Coming home though...man lemme tell ya.

First off, it was hard being up there. I missed me daughter so freakin bad I could have cried every time I talked to my husband! But that being said, I bawled my eyeballs out when I had to say adieu. My grandma was with a home health nurse that was trying to talk to my grandma about going back to the hospital. SO I get in the car, where my cousin proceeds to tell me that he has a headlight out and we will have to find an Auto Zone so we can replace it. So we find one, get the bulbs replaced and I get a text that I left my car charger at the house. Thankfully we had to replace the bulbs so we were able to make a quick trip back and get the charger. So we get there, run back, grab the charger then on we go.

SO, we get about, oh maybe 90 miles out and we stop at a gas station. I run in and pee, he pumps gas and he asks me to pop the hood. I do because he smells something. We look in the engine bay to find...the radiator is leaking. So, since he has an '07, his car takes...yes, not the normal antifreeze, but Dex-Cool. The 50-50 antifreeze mix. And coincidentally, no one sells it. Shocker there! So, on Labor Day, we had to find another Auto Zone, to get the Dex-Cool and be on our way. Yeah. That's easy! We're states away from home and couldn't tell you just where in the world we were going to find an Auto Zone. Well, we get on the internet, after buying a power converter and pluggin my cousins wireless network to it and find the closest one.

We make it to Auto Zone and look under the hood again and find that it's still leaking but doesn't appear to be getting any worse. We get 2 gallons of Dex-Cool and after a couple of times stopping every 60-80 miles we get a rate of leakage of about a quart every 60-80 miles. Lets just say something was definitely keeping us from getting home early. A trip that should have taken us until 10pm to get home, wound up taking until 2am. I was SO GLAD to see my driveway! LoL!

No comments: