Saturday, August 20, 2011

Today's thought, the honour of friendship.

Okay have you ever had that one person that was your friend that was there for you through a lot, even if just over the phone? I have a person, on the other end of the phone. Now lets start with a back story. As most of you know, I go to a Renaissance fair every year, and one year, a few years ago, I met this spry young girl, that I just absolutely fell in love with. She was this little person that just wanted so much to live life and get all there was to get out of life. And I say little because she was younger than I am. 18, but none the less, younger.

Before we left, I got her email and I went right home and told my husband about how much of an inspiration she was to me. Well, we talked by email, Myspace, Facebook, you name it, we did it. And let me tell you, over the years, she has had one thing after another after another happen to her and let me tell you, as much as I love her, if it weren't for bad luck, she wouldn't have any luck at all.

But you know what never changed? No matter what happened to her, she called me. I cannot tell you how amazing that makes me feel. When she asked for my opinion on something she usually took my advice, and when she wanted something else, if I could give it to her, I did. I think about her often, and I know that no matter what happens, she will let me know somehow. Even if she doesn't have a phone, she will find a way. Lord help me if I ever change my number.

I think of her often and as I said earlier, feel honoured that she considers me trust worthy, and a friend. I cherish our friendship and her and am so thankful for that Ren Fair. We haven't seen each other since that one day, and Lord knows we've tried, but in all the times we haven't seen each other, we've talked regularly and it's as if nothing has changed. Proof, that a friendship, a true friendship, can be built over nothing more than communication. I consider her just as much a true friend as I do others, that I've seen and talk to every day. And I know, that when we finally do meet up one day (hopefully soon), it will be as if we've seen each other on a regular basis, and never missed a time. So to you, Green Monkey, I love ya girl. You're an amazing person and I'm so glad we met! Keep calling when you need me, I'm not going anywhere.

No comments: