Friday, November 14, 2003

Todays thought...Does God hear me?

Last Sunday my mama and daddy were getting on a jet in California - Southwest Airlines (Highest safety record of all companies out there). I wasn't crazy about the entire thing to begin with but they had made it out there ok and well...surely they would make it home fine.

See, the last time they went to California...they were delayed leaving, delayed when they got to the middle point and a lady died on the plane forcing them to land once again before arriving to their destination.

This time, they got there fine (Nobody died) but when they were coming home...something told me to pray for a safe return. So, about 15 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off...I said a prayer "God, please allow my mama and daddy a safe return home with no problems."

I said that and looked on the net at the web site to find that their flight had been delayed. I jump off the net immediately to find a voicemail on my phone that my mama said "They have found a mechanical problem with the right wing and we had to unboard the plane and they are having to bring a new one in for us to come home on."

I about died. I could not believe that they were on the plane, and it could have taken off, and they found a mechanical problem with the wing that could have proven fatal. They got home fine, about an hour after they were supposed to, but they got home. I found out later that the mechanical problem with the wing was an actual crack in the wing.

If they had actually taken off, my mama and daddy would not be here today. Which goes to prove 2 things. 1 - Southwest continues on their safety record with accidents...and 2 - God definitely hears me.

No comments: