Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Todays thought...commercials

Have you ever noticed that some commercials make you wonder how much time someone really has on their hands? But then it makes you wonder...How much time do we have on our hands to be setting in front of the tv watching those commercials. I think now I will share a couple of my favorites with you.

My favorites right now is the Honda commercial when they have the vehicles and their owners and the made them to look alike. Another of my favorites is a Snickers commercial. Actually there are 2. The most recent commercial is a father and son at a ball park. You hear the father go "Peanuts!" and the vendor throws him some peanuts. Again "Peanuts!" from the father and the vendor throws more at him. Then you hear "Peanuts! Peanuts! Peanuts!" and you see the vendor just hurling peanuts at the father. While all of this is going on you just see peanut shells flying everywhere. Finally the vendor throws the man a Snickers bar and you hear "Want some peanuts...grab a Snickers" As it pans back you see the son setting there under a mound of peanut shells and all you can see is his baseball mit and the father says "Enjoying the game son?" and he looks down, see's his son covered in shells and goes "Excuse me...down in front...my son can't see". The first time I saw that I rolled.

Another Snickers commercial from back in the day a minute is showing a little bald headed man standing in the mirror and he's grunting and making this aweful face. All of a sudden you hear this doink and a little hair pops up on his head. He grins big as ever and you hear him grunting again. Then of course you hear "Hungry? Why wait...grab a Snickers." Then in the darkness of the commercial screan you hear doink.....doink, doink, doink,doink and when it pans out you see the little man looking in the mirror with a unibrow. I about died when I saw that commercial.

I think the best commercial here lately I've seen thought is a commercial that comes with a story on it. You see a farmer pick up a fancy ladies shoe with a pitch fork just looking at it. Next you see a pair of pink underwear flying and hitting a big rig on the windshield and he is using his wiperblades to try and get them off of his windshield. Then you see a frilly shirt lying on the side of the road. Next you see a long horn bull with a bra on one of his horns. Then you hear "You can bet...on your family vacation...if it can go wrong...it most likely will" and it shows a little boy in the back seat throwing his mom's things out the car window. Then you hear "Stay at LaQuinta Inns".

I laughed so hard with that because it reminded me of a story my aunt had told me. They were on vacation and my 3 cousins (All boys) were in the back seat of the car. My aunt told me that she kept seeing this white blur going down the side of the car out the side mirror but couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't until she saw it and looked back that she'd realized that all 3 of my cousins had taken their socks and shoes off and were throwing them out the window just amazed watching them go down the side of the window. Needless to say, they all 3 got new socks and shoes when getting to their destination.

Well...thats about it. My final thought for the day...Love the commercials. Its ok. If you see it and love it, don't hesitate to call you friend and laugh out loud. They are funny as all get out and I've got to hand it to the people who have too much time on their hands. I tip my hat to you and I love seeing every one of them.

No comments: