Thursday, May 20, 2004

Todays thought...getting older.

Yesterday was my birthday. I will not disclose my exact age at this time. I almost cried at the thought of getting older. I took a week off work for myself and have had a great time setting home doing nothing.

Then it made me think. Back when I was younger, the thought of getting out of the house and partying was a great idea to me. But as I've gotten older, it has been more enjoying for me to stay at home than to go out. Of course my Pooh Bear wanted to carry me out but he got off work way too late. But it was an absolutely wonderful day for me. Infact..To be completely honest...I didn't even get out of my pj's. It was a good day.

My week off has been just as good. I've been getting some much needed laundry done and things around the house that need to be done. And I don't know about anybody else...but it's easier for me to get things done when no one else is here. Don't get me wrong. Pooh Bear and I share the load around here but I like to get things cleaned and reorganized when I'm here alone.

But back to the thought of today...getting older is just one of those things. I guess with life you have age. And wisdome. I get told I have a little bit more wisdome than others my age but I think that is because I've experienced more in the years that I have been alive than most people will experience in a lifetime. But it just goes with the flow of things.

I guess Gump's mom was right. Life is like a box of chocholates. You never really do know what your going to get. Like a bad poker game. You can keep your poker face on but you never know then hand you'll be dealt, until it is there in front of you. Then of course, the ever faithful choice, to ride it out or fold. Including a couple of bluffs along the way. Well everyone out there, when your birthday rolls around this year or even if it already has, just keep in mind...Keep that poker face on, don't let your guard down, don't ever show anyone your hand, bluff if you have to, ride it out. And no matter what you do, or don't do...Don't fold.

No comments: