Friday, September 12, 2003

My thought today...friends

It is true what they say. You can count your true friends on one hand. I have 4. Well...5 if you include my mama. And all of them have been with me through everything.

First you have my munchkins mama. She and I have been friends for well into 8 years. We went to highschool together and she was there with me through my very messy divorce from my loser of an ex. Her little girl...my munchkin is the whole world to me. We've had our issues, don't get me wrong. For a little while we didn't talk and I feared that I would never get my relationship back...but we did.

Next you have my flower child. She is the type of person to brighten up any room she walks into. Even if she has had a bad day. I did not see her for 6 years after I left highschool...then one day she walked into Subway and we talked and haven't stopped yet.

Next is my Floor. Mentioned previously in my blog entries...she is one of my closest. We met when she was working with my husband and came to me and explained that she was flirtatious by nature and if she ever said anything to my husband while I was there not to take it with a grain of salt because that is just how she was. I told her then that she could flirt if she wanted but if she touched him I'd kill her. (Now ladies...we all know...thats not being jeleous. We are just being territorial.) She was the only one at my bachelorette party and we ate hotdogs and mac. I was there with her when her son was born. One of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. She moved away...but we are very much still in touch.

Lastly, you have Saturn. She is the newest one I have kinda taken under my wing so to speak. She is like a little sister to me and has cried many times on my shoulder as I have hers. She found out I was in the hospital one time and came all the way up there then tried to find me when I was discharged. She is having a hard time right now and though I know I can help her through this...I have more confidence than anything that she would do the same for me.

This mind you does not in any way disclude the people in my life that I hold very dear. I love each and every one of them too. You know who you are.

Cherrish your friends. They will be there for you when you least expect it.

No comments: