Sunday, September 28, 2003

Todays entry...how nobody will look at you with out cash, credit card or a checking acct.

First instance...my Pooh Bear entered into a contest to win $25,000 or a brand new GMC Envoy. They called my house the other day and told us that we had been selected and being a finalist in this contest...we had won 4 round trip air fair tickets to a few places estimated value of $3,000. I was so excited. She said that all we had to do was to come in and listen to a 90 minute presentation and in that time they would let us know if we had won the money or vehicle...Here comes the catch. We had to have a checking acct or a credit card in our name. It was a time share. Pissed me off. Then they tell me that the only reason for that was so that we could prove that we could pay for the taxes of the money or the vehicle. I knew what it was though.

Instance 2...last night. My dog got sick. I needed to get her to a vet. The only ones open on a Saturday night are the emergency vets. I called 6 different ones in my area all with the same answer. First just let me say, it is $75 just for my Hershey to be seen. That does not include any tests they have to run to find out what is going on with her and why she is sick. Everyone of them told me..."You have to come in with whatever amount of money that it is going to cost to get her seen and run the tests."

I live paycheck to paycheck. I get paid twice a month. I did not have the $75 much less what it was going to cost me to get the tests run to find out what is wrong with her. I had called everyone that could help me that wasn't so far away that they would have to Western Union me the money. No one could help.

So now what?! I have to let my girl suffer until I can get her to her normal vet who will set up some kind of arrangement with me that I can get this done.

I just think that it is pretty shitty for the people out there like me that don't have a checking acct, or credit card, or the money to just pay out that much. Why is there no help for my animals? I guess the people that make these policies just think that the lower middle class people to lower class people don't love their animals enough to have the money just hanging around.

It makes you ask the question...where is the help for our animals? Where are they when we need them to work on our animals?...They are stuck so far up their own ass worrying about the money...that they cannot look past it to help an animal in need. They have an emergency room for the people that don't have insurance...why not for the animals?

My question in this...When is it going to be our turn? When are they going to have the help for my babies when they need it. When are they going to realize that there is no price on an animals health...but that any price is going to have to come in time when you don't have it just lying around? When are they going to realize that the love of an animal from someone who doesn't have the means to get the help in an emergency like that is just the same if not more...than the love of someone who has it to blow?

No comments: