Monday, September 14, 2009

Ok so I have to tell you about my day today. I went to the doctors office and my blood pressure is still elevated. It's not dangerously high like it's been being, but it's still been elevated. They also got me set up with a nutritionist that is supposed to get everything approved from the insurance company and then come out to my house for my gestational diabetes. UGH! Thank goodness for my doctors office though. I love everyone in that office! Especially my nurse. I'll call her M. ;-) She gets so tickled when she hears my daughters heartbeat and she knows me by first name...or by trouble. I'm known quite well in that office as both with as much as I've been through! LoL!

So after leaving the doctors office I was to go home. So I stopped at Publix and got a small booklet to keep my blood pressure Journal and while there I saw a little elephant made by Russ. It's a part of their "Shining Star" collection. I just thought it was totally cute, and since I'm doing my daughters room in elephants I had to have it. So I get it, put it in the cart and tell my husband we need to go ahead and pick it up...not really giving him much choice in the matter. As he is walking around the store I actually go back out to my truck because I'd been on my feet a lot today and I was really tired. So I waited as he shopped. Well we didn't realize when I picked it up how expensive it was. It was just a stuffed elephant. I mean, how expensive could it be right? Well my husband comes out of the store and tells me it was like $13 for this little elephant. Well of course I didn't expect him to actually pick it up knowing it was that expensive, but he did. Well I just got to looking at the tag and it occurs to me just now, why it was so expensive.

Shining Stars is actually a part of the International Star Registry. Apparently when we purchased our little elephant friend for her today, we actually purchased a star for her as well. I get to go online shortly to this website, register and name the elephant and then I get to name a star for my daughter. How cool is that!? I'm so excited! Anyway, I just had to put a note on here about that.

Lastly I have to put a quick shout out to you Swayze fans. We lost a great man today. But I have to say, anyone battling Pancreatic Cancer as long as he did, he is definitely in a better place now. God called for one of his dancing angels today and he definitely got a good one with Patrick. You'll be missed.

Later all!!!! ~ME~

No comments: